Monday, July 17, 2006

Self-inflicted...

I have enrolled for my next paper and the material has arrived today. I have enrolled for MB722 Holy Spirit (with Carey Baptist College) and am doing it by distance. I am looking forward to it, but a bit overwhelmed by it at the same time. Last semester I did a paper equivalent to a stage 1 uni paper and found that really challenging. This is equivalent to a stage 3 uni paper, so I'm cringing already! Also, I had 3 other friends doing the paper with me, but not this time. So I will have to be very disciplined and hopefully be at the 8th floor of the library a bit more, and not just when I have assignments (of which there are 3!) .

I am looking forward to it as I don't think I have an good understanding of the person and work of the Holy Spirit at all. So I look forward to understanding more about the role of the holy spirit in the OT, a Biblical understanding of the doctrine of the holy spirit and an insight on current scholarship on pneumatology. But I'm pretty sure this is not the last you will hear about it!

1 comment:

etml said...

Do u think a layperson like me with more criminality than spirituality would be able to complete a course by Carey?