Thursday, August 23, 2007

Real Beer

I am learning to be a beer snob. And how do I know that? I have been to the 2 real ale places in New Zealand - Galbraiths (in Auckland) and The Twisted Hop (in Christchurch). They serve cask conditioned beer and its fantastic. I am now very picky about the beers I drink. I only drink the good stuff. Drinking good beer is not about drinking lots to get drunk. Its about the complex flavours that you get in the beer and it usually goes really well with food as well and its very refreshing.


My favourite beer in Galbraiths (in Auckland) is Bob Hudson's bitter. Its quite light and with a nice smooth finish.

I've only tried one of the beers in the Twisted Hop, which is the Golding Bitter. Its fruity and has a nice smooth and crisp finish. It has a really great aftertaste and linges well on your palate.


Mmm... me want some beer now. Expect more beer posts in the future...

3 comments:

Tim & Lizzy said...

Well done on admitting your snobbery. All for it. Welcome to a world of mockery, but together we can unite to rise about that, in true snobbery style.
Nice one.

Stu as "Stu" said...

Two great beers, from two great pubs. I welcome your snobbery too. Just this morning, I found myself quietly laughing at the owner of a recycling bin full of Corona.

Kass said...

Yum! Fruity beer with a crisp finish! I think I might have to try some of that..