Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Grrrr...

It took almost 1/2 hour to drive the last 2 kms back to the house today cos I had to stop about 6 or 7 times! The temp gauge was almost hitting the roof. So I would stop, wait for it to cool somewhat and then start the car again and go forward another 200m or so and repeat the process over and over again. I didn't see smoke coming out of the bonnet so I knew I wasn't in big trouble. Got home and then looked under the bonnet.

Actually I had no idea what I was doing, so it was a really good thing that a kind neighbour came out to see what the problem was. He seemed to know about cars so was helping me check out the problem. He thinks it's just the radiator and not anything else, which was a relief cos the car was just serviced 3 weeks ago! (The mechanic mentioned that the radiator was seeping and to bring it in again.) Well, the radiator was filled up 3 weeks ago, but we found it empty just now. Not good at all! Tried putting water in only to find it was leaking out. Definitely not good.

So tomorrow morning, I will put some water in the radiator, cross my fingers, and then quickly drive to the nearest mechanic which is, thankfully, about 1km away.

Bummer way to end the day though.

No comments: