Sunday, August 21, 2005

Visiting hours

The first thing dad and I did when we got here was to go and see Ah Mah at the hospital. I was relieved to get to see her. Since then we have been visiting her at the hospital 2-3 times a day. Mum has 9 siblings so we make sure there is at least 1 person at the hospital at all times. It has been good to see all my uncles and aunties and some cousins again. Its been close to 6 years since I saw most of them, though I think this is somewhat a bitter-sweet reunion for us.

I think we are all somewhat ready for her passing. Funeral plans have already been made. As much as we would all like to have her with us, she would be huge frustrated by her limitations: she is currently in a coma, can’t see or talk, not able to move her legs or right side, and her kidneys are not functioning. Family has always been important for Ah Mah, and all her children are back here together, and that would make her very happy. So we hope that she passes on in peace

No comments: