Monday, October 09, 2006

That gluggy feeling

Been sick for the last week and a bit. Besides my asthma flaring up quite badly, my other symptom is glugginess... my chest feels gluggy. Well, at least my doctor understood me, which is the most important thing. So been on antibiotics since Monday but it doesn't seem to be clearing it up. At least I have my many inhalers to keep me company too. Incidentally, the southerly made its move into Wellington sending temperatures plummeting to winter-like coldness. Which of course did not help at all. I went around the house with a hot water bottle that seemed permanently stuck to me. (By the way, my pills unfortunately don't look that cool!)

My theory is that the haze in Malaysia finally got to me. Rubee kinda agrees but with a better explanation - that my immune system was somehow boosted during the time I was there to work extra hard to cope with the new environment and then for some reason (change in weather, perhaps?) gave in to the foreign invaders. That or just the change in temperature. Or that I caught some kinda bug somewhere.

On top of that, daylight savings has messed with my sleep. Its great that there is more daylight, but who would have thought that putting the clock one hour ahead could reek so much havoc?

No comments: