Sunday, December 12, 2004

At last!!!

Finally bought How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb today. Been holding out since it was release about a month ago. Saw it was on special at the Warehouse (where everyone gets a bargain!). As a result, I managed to save $8 on the CD+DVD copy (I know, I'm a cheapo!) But the satisfaction of saving some dosh and finally getting to listen to it was just, well... damn satisfying. But I didn't do justice to the album as it played kinda softly in the background (didn't want to wake my flatmate who was napping). So tomorrow I may come back from work a little early and turn up the volume and enjoy it in full surround sound. No doubt you'll be hearing more about it in the days to come.

3 comments:

Jungle Pop said...

I'd be curious to see your "album review" of this latest U2. I'm a fan of early U2, like 'em before they were anything, and when they got all big and famous, they changed, I think, and I stopped following them. I've seen occasional sparks of the classic U2 (Beautiful Day being a good example), so I'm wondering what the general sound is of this new one!

karen said...

Still listening and formulating my opinion about it. I really enjoy U2's work now but but am unfamiliar with their music when they first started. Would also be interesting to hear your comments about it, Joe, and how they fare compared to their earlier works. But no doubt, I will probably have something to say about it at some stage...

Jungle Pop said...

Well some other U2 fan friends of mine said it was their best stuff since Achtung Baby (which I didn't care for myself). So I'll just have to give it a listen myself I think!