Monday, April 03, 2006

Earth from Above


Currently in Waitangi Park, near the waterfront, is a free exhibition 'Earth from the Air' featuring works by photographer Yanns Arthus-Bertrand. I finally went to see it last night (I was told it was better going at night). Its an amazing series of photographs of earth, people, life - all taken from the air along with bits of information about sustainable development. People in Wellington who haven't yet been, go see it before it closes (April 9)!

Its good to be have things put into perspective. Seeing the photographs, reminded me that I am but a tiny speck in this world we live in; of how life goes on in other parts of the world can be much tougher than life as I know it; of why I should appreciate what I have and respect the earth; of the wonders of creation that reflects on the Wonder of the Creator.

No comments: