Friday, October 07, 2005

over-spiritualising or just plain stupid?

I came upon this message on a particular site. I wonder if people who preach things like that will be made accountable to God for those who don't seek appropriate treatment and subsequently commit suicide. This type of irresponsible preaching undermines all the work that is done to not stigmatise mental illness and encourage people to get the right treatment.

It just makes me angry... and sick. I wonder what God would think about this message. After all, there are lots of Christians who are taking meds to help with depression and those who profesionally help those with depression. Hmm.. I wonder what she then thinks about other forms of mental illness. Ones that even professionals consider more serious and more difficult to treat like paranoid skitzophrenia (sp??) or multiple personality disorder etc. *sigh*

No comments: