Thursday, October 07, 2004

unusually early morning

Had to get up early this morning for the Capital City Prayer Breakfast. Soooo not my thing. It was kinda good - about 350 in attendance - but a good use of the thing is migling and networking which wasn't what I was up to doing at 7.30am! I was there to support a TSCF student who was asked to do one of the 2 public prayers. She crafted a stellar prayer - one of the best I've heard and one which I could even whoheartedly say 'Amen' to! The short talk was good too. Unfortunately I think I was a bit too sleepy to really take anything into short or long term memory. In short it was about human rights but from a Biblical point of view. He said something about rights not appearing in the Bible yet it was full of preserving life and dignity and celebrating humanness. Instead of rights, there was a notion of duty. And "rights" as such didn't exist purely for the individual as such, but exists in the context of community. Made me reflect on the "love mercy, act justly and walk humbly with your God" verse. I think I need to 'meditate' more on that verse.

No comments: