Friday, October 29, 2004

Ode to Hitachi

I really need to remember to back up important stuff on my hard drive. My dear friend Blayne pronounced it irreversably dead after a few attempts to resuscitate it. It was a very painful moment and I was very grateful for the support I received at then. Not so much for the data I had (I can't remember what crap I have on my laptop) but more because of the pictures I have lost. I have quite a number of pictures and video clips of priceless moments on there which is now gone forever (like of Viggo Mortensen in the Lord of the Rings parade) *sigh*.

But I am really, really grateful to get the use of my laptop back. I have missed it a lot the last 3-4 weeks (I think I have an unhealthy attachement to it!). And as Elizabeth so kindly reminded me, I just need to constantly "Back up!!" When was the last time you did a backup??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey There Kazz, thanks for your comment on my blog, I couldnt agree more! :)
With backups I am terrible, I have never done one. Which is bad as I have loads of clients work on there and I lost some in front of them the other day, and was practically having a nervous breakdown trying to find it!
Glad you got your laptop back!
-pete